Write for The Mukt
The Mukt Bloggers Network (MBN) is a platform that allows you to share your knowledge with the rest of the world and earn money while doing so. We are a new project and growing fast. Because we are a sister network of Muktware, that enjoys more than half a million page views per month; your work reaches out to these millions of readers.
The platform is aimed at trainee journalists or ‘greenhorn’/’budding’ bloggers and not at seasoned or established writers. It’s a foundation to assist a new breed of bloggers and writers.
Grow up as an expert
We are looking for budding journalists who can build expertise in particular segment and grow up to head those departments. We are looking for people to exclusively cover one or two of these subjects:
- Technology – latest stories from the technology world – whether it be about Mac OSX, Windows 8.1, Games or 3D printers. We cover technologies that touch our lives
- Entertainment -
- Music – latest stories from the music industry, mostly from heavy metal
- Movies – stories about science fiction or fantasy films.
- Television – latest stories from the idiot box
- Politics: We cover news/articles around pressing issues like GMO, US politics which may affect our constitutional rights or freedom, war and other such issues.
- Travel/Culture: We also cover stories about places, events and culture. So if you travel a lot then you can share your travelogue with us.
- Food – If you like to cook, you can share exciting recipies with our readers
- Science/Science Fiction: We cover latest science related news and articles. We are huge fans of science fiction to news/articles around Sc-Fi movies, novels and shows are most welcome
In terms of technology we are looking for bloggers to cover one of these areas:
- Chrome OS/Chrome
- Ubuntu/Linux Mint & family
- KDE, Gnome and other DEs
- Linux in general
- Apple Mac/iOS
Make it personal – though we have a professional tone to our stories, we want ‘original’ stories. Stories that effect your life or of those around you. Stories that you think should be told, the stories which the established or corporate media won’t tell us.
It’s a pay-per-post model where you get paid for each post that you write for Muktware. There is no cap on earnings – the more you submit, the more you earn. The payment is based on performance so if you write more you will make more per story.
5 points to keep in mind while covering stories
- Timeliness: News is all about ‘when’. The job of a journalist is to tell what’s going on at the moment and not what happened two days ago. No one is interested in what happened yesterday. At the same time we should strive to inform our readers as soon as possible. So, it’s very important to file stories as soon as possible while ensuring that it’s accurate and comprehensive.
- Comprehensive: A story must give a reader complete information on what’s going on. So, take your time to do some research, check our archive or other sources to get more information on the subject so your story gives the reader complete picture of the situation with accuracy.
- Accuracy: Give the accurate picture of the situation. Don’t assume or go by what the first source is saying – it could be biased or one sided. Always check the facts if possible. However it also don’t mean to hold the story unless you hear from other parties, present it will the information you have at hand and tell readers there may be follow-ups.
- Emotion: News evokes emotions. There is no point in writing a story which doesn’t evoke emotion – that would be an essay. Always try to find a connection with your readers, always try to evoke emotion in them.
- Unbiased: It’s a slippery road. It’s very easy to get biased and it’s OK to be biased, but don’t reflect it in your news. The best way to avoid bias is don’t inject your own opinion. On the contrary the best way to avoid bias is by getting views from other parties.
Our goal is to keep our readers informed so they can make informed decisions. Our goal is NOT to make decisions for readers or influence them to make certain decision. Give them as much factual information as possible so they are in a position to make a decision.
How can you join?
There are two ways of writing for The Mukt. You can be a regular contributor (regular contributors are required to submit at least one story per day) or a casual or one time contributor. If you want to submit just one story, you don’t have to fill this form and just send it to ‘[email protected]’.